Welcome to Jackson Elementary School
Jackson has a strong culture and community. We serve students Transitional Kindergarten to Fifth Grade. Jackson Avenue offers the following programs and opportunities to students:
- Transitional kindergarten: Prepares younger students (chronologically or developmentally) for success in kindergarten for the following school year by using active learning with a focus on STEM (science, technology, engineering and math). Curriculum includes: Great Explorations in Math and Science (GEMS), Zoo-phonics, Handwriting Without Tears, and Math Their Way.
- Kindergarten: We offer an extended-day kindergarten (8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.) for all our students.
- Intervention: Provides opportunities for small-group reading instruction across all grade levels. Our intervention specialists provide direct small-group instruction to those students who require more support in developing their reading and math skills.
- Character Education: Students learn how to do conflict resolution and how to foster an inclusive environment.
- Kid Connection: Students are provided individual and small-group instruction and support to improve in the areas of social and emotional growth.
- Gifted and Talented Education (GATE): In addition to individual enrichment in the classrooms, we provide social opportunities outside of school for students to interact and get to know one another. We offer after-school activities in conjunction with another school site.
We provide children with a supportive educational environment that fosters responsibility, goal setting and a dedication to learning. In addition to building academic skills and providing a challenging curriculum, we strive to guide all children in developing self-respect and respect for others. We believe education is a cooperative effort of the school, home and community. Our primary goal is to prepare students to become responsible members of their immediate community and, ultimately, the global community.