The Pleasanton unified school district has a long history serving the community, being established in 1867 (before the city of Pleasanton was even incorporated). It serves almost 15,000 students in the city of Pleasanton. The staff and teachers in Pleasanton average almost 18 years experience in education, with almost 1/3 holding masters degrees
Pleasanton schools are very highly regarded, and generally score well above average for California schools. There is a strong degree of parental and community involvement for all Pleasanton schools, which helps affirm their commitment to quality education. In 1997, the residents passed a $70 million bond for school construction and improvements. Indeed, the district boasts multiple awards for National Blue Ribbon Schools, California Distinguished Schools, and National Schools of Character.
The Pleasanton school district offers many programs, including school lunch programs at every school, after school child care, dual immersion language programs, lap top immersion programs, music instruction, computer instruction, competitive athletics, drama and band programs, special education programs, and GATE (gifted and talented education) for high achieving students. Pleasanton schools have a strong track record of delivering quality education, with over 90% of high school graduates attending a college, university, or vocational school.
Pleasanton Schools Map
Pleasanton has 9 elementary schools, 3 middle schools, and 2 high schools, as shown on the map. Each school is numbered. Click on the school name to go to that school’s web site.
- Elementary Schools
- (1) Alisal Elementary
- (2) Donlon Elementary
- (3) Lydiksen Elementary
- (4) Mohr elementary
- (5) Fairlands Elementary
- (6) Hearst Elementary
- (7) Valley View Elementary
- (8) Vintage Hills Elmentary
- (9) Walnut Grove Elmentary
Detailed Information for Pleasanton Schools
- Pleasanton Unified School District Web Site
- School accountability report cards
- Designated Schools by Street
- Foothill High School Athletics
- Amador Valley High School Athletics
Private Schools in the Tri-Valley Area
- Valley Christian School (K-6) Dublin
- St. Raymond (K-8) Dublin
- St. Phillip Lutheran (K-8) Dublin
- Quarry Lane Elementary (K-8) Dublin & Pleasanton
- St. Michael School (K-8) Livermore
- Our Savior Lutheran School (K-8) Livermore
- St. Isadore (K-8) Danville
- Athenian School (K-8) Danville
- Valley Christian Jr/Sr High. (7-12) Dublin
- De La Salle. (9-12) Boys Catholic High School, Concord
- Carondelet (9-12) Girls Catholic High School, Concord.
- Athenian School. (9-12) Danville.