Charming traditional home in the sought after “Birdland” area of Pleasanton remodeled throughout. This stately home features gleaming distressed hand-scraped hardwood flooring, with an elegant formal living room with picture window, formal dining room with views of the yard, remodeled state of the art kitchen with Carrara marble counters, subway tile backsplash, professional stainless appliance package & hood, and walk-in pantry. Sunny breakfast nook, huge family room with cozy fireplace with views of the yard, and large laundry room with abundant storage. Downstairs bedroom with full bath… perfect for office or guest suite
The upstairs features a luxurious master bedroom with retreat, and an inviting remodeled bath with designer tile flooring and marble shower. There are 3 large secondary bedrooms with recessed lighting and mirrored closet doors, as well as a convenient linen closet and functional remodeled hall bath with dual vanity, designer tile floors, and marble bath/shower. Other designer features include recessed lights, dual pane windows, designer baseboards, 2 panel colonial doors, and more
This gorgeous home features a large private .22 Acre cul-de-sac lot with sparling pool, large patio, abundant fruit trees, and ample lawn area for hours of summer time fun. 2 car attached garage with oversized side yards. The stately exterior also features a huge front porch… perfect for relaxing with family and friends. The prime Birdland location is walking distance to schools, parks, and shopping, with easy access to freeways, BART, and downtown Pleasanton.
Contact Us for More Information or a Private Showing
Google Street View
Pleasanton Valley is a community of older homes built by Morrison Homes. It is located in the geographic heart of Pleasanton. The development was built in phases between 1964 and 1977. These one and two story homes for sale in Pleasanton Valley range in size from 1500 sq ft to over 2600 sq ft, with lots sizes typically ranging between 6500 and 8000 sq ft, although lots can occaisionally run 10,000 to 13,000 sq ft. Most of these homes have 2 car garages, although the later phases do have a few 3 car garages.
“Birdland” is a section of Pleasanton Valley so named because the streets are named after common birds. It is a highly sought after neighborhood with tree lined streets and a wonderful ambiance. Many of these homes for sale in Birdland have been remodeled and updated.
Video Tour of Pleasanton Valley & Birdland
Pleasanton Valley & Birdland School Information:
Here are the schools near Pleasanton Valley and Birdland available homes for sale. Click on the school name to go to the school’s web site.
- Elementary School: Walnut Grove Elementary, Alisal Elementary
- Middle School: Harvest Park Middle School
- High School: Amador Valley High School
Pleasanton Valley & Birdland HOA Information:
There is no HOA for the Pleasanton Valley/Birdland neighborhood
What Makes Pleasanton Valley & Birdland Desirable:
- Great central location off of Valley Ave & Black Ave
- Close to schools, parks, and downtown Pleasanton
- Classic mature tree-lined streets and charming traditional exteriors
- Many of the homes have been remodeled and upgraded, adding to the charm of the neighborhood
Pleasanton – Bustling Suburban City with Small Town Charm
As a vibrant suburban city of over 60,000 residents, Pleasanton has managed to retain its small town charm and character. Indeed, its downtown area boasts an impressive array of restaurants, cafes, antique and specialty shops, and boutiques that give it that special sense of community. Indeed, residents, locals, and tourists make a habit of visiting downtown Pleasanton, whether to dine, shop at the weekly farmer’s market, enjoy the Friday night Concert in the Park series, relax at the monthly street parties, or attend the various other street fairs and events. Downtown Pleasanton real estate is truly the heart of the community.
But Pleasanton has much more to offer than a quaint downtown. Pleasanton real estate is a bustling city in the fast growing Tri-Valley region. It has Stoneridge Mall, a major regional shopping mall featuring Nordstrom’s, Macy’s, Penny’s, Sears, and all the major mall retailers, as well as a brand new Cheesecake Factory and P.F. Chang’s restaurant. Pleasanton is also home to Hacienda Business Park , one of the largest business parks in the western United States , with Fortune 500 and regional tenants such as Oracle, AT & T, Robert Half, Sun Microsystems, and more. Pleasanton is home to the Alameda County Fairgrounds, home of the county fair which runs in late June to early July, as well as special even. Equally as impressive are the numerous parks that populate the city. The crown jewel is the Pleasanton Sports Park, which contains over 28 youth and adult sports fields. It is a hub ts almost every weekend, including The Good Guys classic car show, Home & Garden shows, and Boat shows to name a few. There is also ValleyCare Medical Center, a major medical center, as well as a Kaiser Permanente Clinic.
Pleasanton boasts some of the best public schools in the Bay Area, as well as two highly regarded high schools in Foothill High and Amador Valley Highof activity, with games & tournaments ongoing on a regular basis.
In terms of housing, Pleasanton offers a wide range of options, from condos and townhouse developments at the lower end of the spectrum, to mid range tract homes in well-kept neighborhoods, to an impressive array of higher end and luxury home developments. Indeed, the luxury home neighborhoods in Pleasanton are highly regarded and much sought after, including Golden Eagle Estates in the West Pleasanton hills to Ruby Hill, a gated golf community and private country club in the wine growing region on the Eastern edge of Pleasanton. There are many housing options available for every budget. And housing has been an excellent investment in Pleasanton historically, with steady appreciation and strong demand.
While it offers all of the modern conveniences and amenities you would hope to find in a large suburban city, Pleasanton retains its small town charm and character. No wonder Pleasanton is one of the most desirable cities to live in the Bay Area.
- 5 Bedrooms (option to have 6th bedroom)
- 3 Full Bathrooms
- 2574 sq ft
- 9803 sq ft lot (.22 Acres)
- Built in 1972
- Elegant entry with custom lighting, double door entry, authentic, distressed, hand scraped hardwood floors (not engineered) and dramatic painted wood staircase
- Office or bedroom with full bath downstairs
- Spacious and comfortable living room which opens up to private formal dining room
- State of the art, well designed kitchen with painted oak cabinets and bronze, hearty hardware, Carrara marble counters, subway tile backsplash, wide plank hardwood floors, high end brand new Thermador range with custom stainless steel hood, double cast iron sink w/ bronze Moen hardware, walk in pantry with custom glass door
- Family room with wood burning fireplace and views to backyard
- Oversized laundry room with hardwood floors, cabinetry
- Downstairs bathroom off entry with quality materials, Carrara marble counters, self closing cabinets, bronze Moen hardware, large storage cabinet, tile and marble finishes in bath, designer tile floors, glass shower doors
- Luxurious and massive master suite with retreat
- Brand new master bath with designer tile flooring, tile and marble shower
- Three secondary bedrooms upstairs with recessed lighting, mirrored closet doors, hand scraped hardwood floors
- Functional linen closet upstairs
- Full oversized secondary remodeled bath with double sinks, custom lighting, designer tile floors, Moen hardware, tile and marble bath/shower
- Usable 2 car garage
- Large side yards with dual entry
- Huge, newly resurfaced kidney shaped pool with custom tile and lighting
- Large backyard with newer fencing, orange, pomegranate, plout, apple, & fig trees
- Remodeled lush front yard with slate walkways, paver driveway
- Easy too maintain and freshly painted stucco exterior
- PREMIUM location in Birdland, in the cul de sac, south facing, lucky 8’s!
- Walk to sports park, Walnut Grove, Harvest Park, Amador
- NO HOA
- Obvious pride of ownership in entire neighborhood
- Custom designer paint
Additional feature: dual pane windows, new AC unit, recessed lighting throughout, new closet doors, brand new bathrooms, brand new kitchen, brand new, authentic, hand scraped harwood floors throughout, all high end finishes on hardware, Moen or Kohler, 5.5 inch baseboards throughout, inside laundry, 2 panel brand