Contact Us for More Information or a Private Showing
Our home on Valley Ave has been a delight! We love relaxing on the front porch and taking in the views of the Pleasanton Ridge. We love entertaining our friends in our dining room and our formal living room. Our kitchen is awesome… we have created many a gourmet meal there. We love having morning coffee in our breakfast nook and enjoying views of our rear yard. And our family room is our hang out. We can totally relax and watch our favorite shows. Our master bedroom is so spacious, and the retreat is such a nice place to lounge and read a book or catch some late night TV. Our home is so spacious and functional. We love how it flows, and how much light we get. And our rear yard is definitely our sanctuary. We love gardening, growing vegetables and fruits, and enjoying our covered patio and our BBQ. It is like a second family room in the summer months.
The location is awesome! We can walk to Starbucks, or to the restaurants in the new Safeway shopping center. We love walking on the Marilyn Kane Trail, which is a just down the street. And it is so easy to get everywhere… downtown Pleasanton, the freeway, the schools. We are really going to miss our home! We hope you love it as much as we did.
The Walnut Hills Neighborhood
$900,000 to $1,200,000
Built by KB Homes, Walnut Hills is located off Bernal Ave & Valley Ave across from the fairgrounds. Built in 2002 & 2003, these single family detached homes feature contemporary floor plans with state of the art kitchens and luxurious master baths. They feature detached garages, which adds privacy to the rear yards. The homes range from 2300 to almost 3000 sq ft, with possible in-law units above the detached garage up to an additional 800 sq ft.
Active, Pending, and Recent Sold Properties in Walnut Hills
Walnut Hills School Information:
Here are the schools for the Walnut Hills and Canyon Oaks neighborhoods. Click on the school name to go to the school’s web site.
- Elementary School: Pheobe Hearst Elementary
- Middle School: Pleasanton Middle School
- High School: Foothill High School
Walnut Hills HOA Information:
Walnut Hills has an HOA that covers front yard and common area maintenance
What Makes Walnut Hills Popular:
- Attractive contemporary floor plans with gourmet kitchens and luxurious master baths
- Excellent location with great commute access to I-680 and the ACE Train
- Walk to Hearst Elementary School and Pleasanton Middle School
- Close to the Bernal Sports & Community Park and the Marilyn Kane Trail
Pleasanton Community Info
Pleasanton – Small Town Charm in a Major Suburban City
As a vibrant suburban city of over 60,000 residents, Pleasanton has managed to retain its small town charm and character. Indeed, its downtown area boasts an impressive array of restaurants, cafes, antique and specialty shops, and boutiques that give Pleasanton that special sense of community. Indeed, residents, locals, and tourists make a habit of visiting downtown Pleasanton, whether to dine, shop at the weekly farmer’s market, enjoy the Friday night Concert in the Park series, relax at the monthly street parties, or attend the various other street fairs and events. Downtown Pleasanton is truly the heart of the community.
But Pleasanton has much more to offer than a quaint downtown. Pleasanton is a bustling city in the fast growing Tri-Valley region. It has Stoneridge Mall, a major regional shopping mall featuring Nordstrom’s, Macy’s, Penny’s, Sears, and all the major mall retailers, as well as a brand new Cheesecake Factory and P.F. Chang’s restaurant. Pleasanton is also home to Hacienda Business Park , one of the largest business parks in the western United States , with Fortune 500 and regional tenants such as Oracle, AT & T, Robert Half, Sun Microsystems, and more. Pleasanton is home to the Alameda County Fairgrounds, home of the county fair which runs in late June to early July, as well as special events almost every weekend, including The Good Guys classic car show, Home & Garden shows, and Boat shows to name a few. There is also ValleyCare Medical Center, a major medical center, as well as a Kaiser Permanente Clinic.
Pleasanton boasts some of the best public schools in the Bay Area, as well as two highly regarded high schools in Foothill High and Amador Valley High. Equally as impressive are the numerous parks that populate the city. The crown jewel is the Pleasanton Sports Park, which contains over 28 youth and adult sports fields. It is a hub of activity, with games & tournaments ongoing on a regular basis.
In terms of housing, Pleasanton offers a wide range of options, from condos and townhouse developments at the lower end of the spectrum, to mid range tract homes in well-kept neighborhoods, to an impressive array of higher end and luxury home developments. Indeed, the luxury home neighborhoods in Pleasanton are highly regarded and much sought after, including Golden Eagle Estates in the West Pleasanton hills to Ruby Hill, a gated golf community and private country club in the wine growing region on the Eastern edge of Pleasanton. There are many housing options available for every budget. And housing has been an excellent investment in Pleasanton historically, with steady appreciation and strong demand.
While it offers all of the modern conveniences and amenities you would hope to find in a large suburban city, Pleasanton retains its small town charm and character. No wonder Pleasanton is one of the most desirable cities to live in the Bay Area.
Market Stats for Pleasanton
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Full Bathrooms and 1 Half Bath
- Approx. 2780 sq ft (per public records)
- Built in 2003
- Charming front porch with custom tile and sweeping views of the ridge
- Custom tile entry & gleaming hardwood floors
- Spacious formal living room with gas fireplace and bay window
- Huge formal dining room with designer lighting fixture
- Functional powder bath off the entry with pedestal sink and custom tile flooring
- Spacious gourmet kitchen with slab granite counters and backsplash, maple cabinets, center island with breakfast bar, double sink, Bosch stainless steel dishwasher, built in oven and microwave, five burner gas range with hood, and recessed lights
- Large breakfast nook with sliding patio door to rear patio and recessed lighting
- Inside laundry with sink, ample storage, and custom tile floor
- Butler pantry with maple cabinets and granite counters
- Spacious family room off the kitchen with entertainment niche, recessed lights, and view of the rear yard
- Expensive master suite with coffered ceiling, recessed lights, built in entertainment niche, retreat area, and huge walk-in closet with mirrored door
- Inviting master bath with custom tile flooring, oversized soaking tub, separate shower, and dual maple vanity with wardrobe desk
- Large secondary bedroom/office
- Two additional secondary bedrooms with mirrored sliding doors
- Linen closet in upstairs hallway
- Functional upstairs hall bath with dual maple vanity, tub over shower, and custom tile floor
- New designer sculpted carpeting
- Designer two-tone paint
- Three car detached garage with abundant storage and workbench
- Fabulous Private rear yard with covered patio featuring custom tile, arbors, abundant fruit trees, vegetable garden, and raised planters
- Other designer features include plantation shutters, six panel interior doors, Hunter Douglas Duets window shades, and more
- Great location close to downtown Pleasanton
- Walk to award winning Hearst Elementary School and Pleasanton Middle School
- Walk to Safeway, Starbucks, Wells Fargo, and restaurants
- Walk to the Marilyn Kane trail, the Fairgrounds, and the new Sports Park
- Easy commute access to I-680 and the ACE Train