The good vs the great
One of the most important decisions you’ll make when you put your Pleasanton home up for sale is choosing the right agent to help you in the selling process. There are so many listing agents, it can be confusing to know which one to choose.
It can be challenging especially for first time sellers to know who to hire. Your home is your biggest investment and you would want to work with someone who is not just good but great.
Some common mistakes to avoid
A common mistake I see among sellers is hiring the first and only listing agent they meet. This is unwise because there are many good agents but you are looking for the best one. During the process of home buying, you want to have options so that you have a basis of comparison.
Another mistake I see is hiring the agent with the highest listing price. Most likely, that agent increased your home’s value so you will hire him, but it does not mean that he/she can sell your home quickly and at the right market value, which is more important.
The right agent can make all the difference in how quickly and efficiently you can sell your home. He/She can help you decide on the right top dollar price for your home to sell fast in the market.
It takes some legwork but when you found the right agent or REALTOR®, but finding the right agent is worth it.
How do you choose the right agent to sell your property?
Here’s how you can select the best agent for your Pleasanton home for sale.
- Ask for recommendations from coworkers, friends, neighbors, and anyone who has previously sold homes or properties in the Pleasanton area.
This way, you get a first hand accounting of their experience working with various agents. From the recommendations, you can create a shortlist of at best three names.
2. Fact-check on the internet. Search for the names on your short list and see what the internet has to say about them.
Great agents are visible online, and they often have websites where possible clients can view their work and listings. You can also find feedback and reviews on the internet about the listing agents.
3. Set up an interview with the names on your short list.
A casual interview with a great agent should answer your questions, pacify your concerns, assure you that you are working with a licensed professional, and let you have a general idea of how your home for sale in Pleasanton will be marketed.
Among the questions you should be asking are the following:
- Do you work full-time or part-time?
- How long has he/she been in real estate?
- How long has he/she been selling homes in your area?
- Has he/she successfully sold homes similar to yours?
- What is his/her success rate?
- How will he/she market your home?
- How much does his/her service cost?
4. Ask for references. This time, you are asking for names of former clients, people he/she has helped sell a home for, or people he/she has worked with. Doing this will help you get a better idea of his/her work ethics.
5. Decide based on the agent’s performance and your level of comfort to work with him/her. You will work best with an agent you are most comfortable with.
Choosing the right Pleasanton REALTOR® to work with is not a walk in the park, but when you get the right one, like me, your real estate journey will be great and stress-free. Get to know more about me at www.680Homes.com/About/Meet-Doug-Buenz/.
Are you selling your home? Call me, Doug Buenz, at (925) 621-0680. Let me help make your home selling journey a pleasant one.